Soxfords Back to School Contest Rules
Soxfords BACK TO SCHOOL PINTEREST CONTEST (THE “PROMOTION”)
OFFICIAL RULES (THE “RULES”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Promotion is a contest promotion offered by Vanderhoof, LLC, dba Soxfords (the “Sponsor”). These Rules govern the Promotion and they constitute an agreement between Sponsor and any person who acts to enter or participate in the Promotion or otherwise assents to these Rules (“you,” “your,” etc.). Such action or other assent constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
Please note that this Promotion is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest or Facebook. You are providing information to Sponsor and not to Pinterest or Facebook.
1) Participation in the Promotion is open only to persons who at the time of entering (a) have reached the legal age of majority where they reside and (b) are legal residents of the United States, but excluding Rhode Island. Employees of Sponsor or its Affiliates (defined below), advertising agencies or promotional agencies, however, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion; nor are any immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, or spouse) of any such employee nor any person residing in the same household as any such employee. The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Notwithstanding any other terms of these Rules, this Promotion is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2) The ability to enter the Promotion will begin at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 11, 2014 and end at 12:00 a.m. ET on August 31, 2014(the “Promotion Period”). To enter, complete the following steps:
Step 1) Follow SOXFORDS on Facebook (facebook.com/Soxfords)
Step 2) Pin your favorite "Back to School" pair(s) of socks from SOXFORDS listed under the SOXFORDS Back to School Contest (https://woobox.com/r37hiq).
Step 3) Fill out the form and submit your entry under the Soxfords "Back to School" contest by August 31st. (information will include, but not be limited to your full name, email address).
Each pin submitted in accordance with these Rules shall be deemed a “Pin.”
LIMIT: One entry per person/Facebook account per day.
Please see Sponsor’s Privacy Statement (located at soxfords.com/pages/terms-privacy for details of Sponsor’s use of personal information collected in connection with this Promotion. These Rules govern any conflict, however, between the terms of such Privacy Statement and these Rules.
You also agree to abide by Pinterest’s Terms of Service (located at https://about.pinterest.com/en/terms-service), Pinterest’s Acceptable Use Policy (located at https://about.pinterest.com/en/acceptable-use-policy ) and any other terms and conditions set forth by Pinterest or applicable to your use of Pinterest services. Any failure to comply with these terms may result in automatic disqualification from the Promotion.
Each Pin, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material of the entrant’s. By entering this Promotion, you represent, acknowledge and warrant that each Pin submitted is an original work created solely by you, that each Pin (or any part thereof) does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, moral right, right of privacy/publicity, or any other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in or to each entry. Each Pin must not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, defamatory, or otherwise objectionably or inappropriate content.
In its discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any Pin (in whole or in part) that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, was obtained or submitted through unauthorized means or sources, is not original, is illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, stolen, forged, counterfeited, irregular, or is non-compliant with these Rules.
Costs associated with entering the Promotion (if any) are your responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider, telecommunications provider or other third party used to enter the Promotion.
3) There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won (a “Grand Prize”), which is a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR (USD $100) gift card to Sponsor’s online store located at www.soxfords.com (for US residents). The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is One Hundred Dollars (USD $100). There will be up to ten (10) secondary prizes available to be won (a “Prize”), which are TEN DOLLAR (USD $10) gift cards to Sponsor’s online store located at www.soxfords.com. The total approximate retail value of the Prize is Ten Dollars (USD $10). Only one prize may be won by any single entrant. For the purpose of determination of the Grand Price and Prize’s value (or any part thereof), the determination of Sponsor will be final and binding. The right to the Grand Price and Prize (or any part thereof) is not transferable by the winner. Any Grand Prize or Prize (or any part thereof) must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions (in cash, in kind, or otherwise) except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize or any Prize (or any part thereof) for an item (including cash) of equivalent or greater value if for any reason, in Sponsor’s discretion, the Grand Prize or any Prize (or any part thereof) cannot, or without hardship cannot, be awarded as described in these Rules. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the Grand Prize or any Prize. Any and all taxes (including, without limitation, income taxes) and other costs and expenses arising from or relating to the Grand Prize or any Prize (or any substitution) or its delivery (including shipping and related taxes, tariffs and duties of any purchases made by the Grand Prize or any Prize winner using a gift card won in this Promotion), transfer, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or disposition is solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize or any Prize winner.
In addition, the Grand Prize winner may be interviewed by Sponsor, which interview will be posted on Sponsor’s blog, located at soxfords.com/blogs/news. The Winning Board may identify the winner’s name or Pinterest username, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4) One (1) Grand Prize winner and five (5) Prize winners will be randomly selected by the Sponsor on the dates noted below from among all eligible entries received by 12:00 am EST on August 31, 2014, based on the judges’ review of all eligible entries and their selection of entries based on the judging criteria set forth below. The potential winner will be selected and announced on Sponsor’s blog located at soxfords.com/blogs/news and Sponsor’s social media profiles on September 1, 2014.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
The Sponsor reserves the right to require the potential winners to sign and deliver to Sponsor’s satisfaction a waiver, release and confirmation of eligibility under and compliance with these Rules. The Sponsor or its designee will attempt to contact the potential winners by email and/or posting the potential winners’ name on Sponsor’s blog located at www.soxfords.com for at least a two (2) day period from the date Sponsor first emails or posts the potential winner’s name on its blog and Pinterest. If any potential winners cannot be contacted after two (2) days from the date Sponsor first emails or posts the potential winners’ names on its blog located at www.soxfords.com or if a Prize notification is returned or reported as undeliverable, or if any potential winners (whether or not contacted) is deemed to be ineligible or disqualified (which shall be in the Sponsor’s sole discretion), or if any potential winner(s) fail to, is unable to or is unwilling to comply with these Rules, or if any potential winner(s) fails to, is unable to or is unwilling within three (3) days to sign and deliver to Sponsor’s satisfaction a waiver, release and confirmation of eligibility under and compliance with these Rules, then the potential winner(s) forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the Grand Price or any Prize and will be deemed disqualified. In such case another potential winner(s) shall be selected for the Grand Prize or any Prize at issue based upon the judging criteria set forth above. This process may be repeated until the Grand Prize or any other Prize has been awarded and delivered, upon which event any potential winners will be declared the winners of the Promotion. All findings, determinations and decisions of the Sponsor and/or the judges may be made in the Sponsor’s and/or the judges’ sole discretion and are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion and in all respects.
5) By participating in this Promotion, each entrant agrees to release Sponsor and the other Released Parties from any and all liability, claims, injuries, losses, harm or damages of any kind caused by, resulting from or otherwise arising in connection with this Promotion, participation in this Promotion, the operation, administration, change or cancellation of the Promotion or any acceptance, use, misuse or consequence of any Prize. As used in these Rules, “Released Party(ies)” means and includes, Sponsor and its Affiliates, Pinterest, Sponsor’s marketing partners, suppliers and advertising and/or promotion agencies, any person or entity providing, supplying, fulfilling, delivering or honoring any Prize, any of the contractors, licensors or suppliers of any of the foregoing, any of the Affiliates of any of the foregoing and any of the directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives of any of the foregoing. Any recourse you have regarding any such liability, claims, injuries, losses, harm or damages is limited solely and exclusively to the Sponsor and not to any other Released Party nor to any other person or entity. For purposes of these Rules, an “Affiliate” of an entity, association, business or other specified person is an entity, association, business or person that directly, or indirectly through one or more intermediaries, controls, or is controlled by, or is under common control with, such specified entity, association, business or person.
In addition to Sponsor, any Released Party may enforce any provision of these Rules that specifically addresses a Released Party and, according to its express terms, represents an actual or potential protection or benefit for the Released Party.
Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Promotion, you hereby consent to Sponsor’s and its designees’ and their respective Affiliates’ publication, broadcast, website posting and other dissemination and use of your Board, picture, name, address, voice, likeness and/or statements for legal, information, editorial, promotional, advertising, publicity and for any other purpose in any media, worldwide, without limit and without further compensation.
By entering the Promotion, you hereby grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to Sponsor and its Affiliates, to reproduce, distribute, display, modify and create derivative works of your Pin (with or without a name credit) in connection with this Promotion and the promotion thereof, in connection with Sponsor’s business, or for any lawful purpose, in any media now or hereafter known. You further consent to Sponsor and its Affiliates doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe upon your “moral rights” in your Pin, and you hereby waive any “moral rights” you have in or to your Pin. Any display or publication of your Pin does not indicate that you will be selected as the Prize winner. Neither Sponsor nor its Affiliates will be required to pay any further compensation or seek any additional approval in connection with such license and use.
6) To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor is not responsible for (i) entries or Pins that (for whatever reason and whoever’s fault – unless done fraudulently by Sponsor) are incomplete, lost, damaged, destroyed or unintelligible; (ii) telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind; (iii) incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of operator error, technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet, congestion or problems regarding any Web site, or any combination thereof; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control which disrupts or interferes with the Promotion; or (v) any injury, loss, damage or liability of any kind arising out of or relating to your participation in the Promotion or the delivery, transfer, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or disposition of the Prize (or any substitution), including without limitation any injury, loss, or damage to your or any other person’s computer or property relating to or resulting from participation in, or downloading or viewing any materials in connection with, this Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion (i) to modify, postpone, defer or cancel the Promotion at any time and with or without notice, (ii) to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, violates these Rules, or acts in an inappropriate or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person, or (iii) to verify the validity of entries or Pins and your identity, age and place of residence.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WITH REGARD TO THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THE PRIZE (OR ANY SUBSTITUTION) OR ANY COMPONENT OF THE GRAND PRIZE OR ANY OTHER PRIZE (OR ANY SUBSTITUTION). ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU OR ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE A WEBSITE OR PROMOTION-RELATED MECHANISM OR PROCESS OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall, in addition to any limits and exclusions provided for elsewhere in these Rules, be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees or litigation, arbitration or mediation costs or expenses of any kind. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER RELEASED PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT IN THE AGGREGATE (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF CLAIMS OR CLAIMANTS, AND REGARDLESS OF THE TIMING OF CLAIMS) EXCEED THE GRAND PRIZE OR PRIZE AMOUNTS MENTIONED ABOVE, NOR FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS OF, OR THEORY OF RELIEF REGARDING, ANY CLAIM OR ACTION (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY FORM OF NEGLIGENCE OR STATUTORY OR REGULATORY VIOLATION) AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SPONSOR OR ANY OTHER RELEASED PARTY WAS AWARE OR NOTIFIED OF THE HARM, DAMAGE OR LOSS SUFFERED OR ALLEGED.
The protections and benefits of this Section 6 shall be construed as also applying for the protection and benefit not only of Sponsor but of all Released Parties as well.
7) This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. However, all issues, allegations, claims, actions or disputes concerning compliance or noncompliance with these Rules or the construction, validity, interpretation, enforceability or breach of these Rules (collectively, “Rules-Related Disputes”), shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York (excluding conflicts of laws rules) for all entries originating from the United States. All Rules-Related Disputes and all other claims, actions and disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the Rules will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Westchester County, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York.
8) The identity of the winners will be published approximately two (2) weeks after the winners have been finally declared and the Grand Prize and any other Prize (or any part thereof) has been finally awarded. Such publication will be posted to the following Web site: soxfords.com/blogs/news or such other Web location of Sponsor’s as may be deemed appropriate by Sponsor, and shall remain on such website for at least one (1) month. For the name of any winners, you may also send a request to email@example.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Soxfords – PO Box 530, Pound Ridge, NY 10576. Such requests must be received no later than ninety (90) days after the Promotion is closed to further entries.
9) Subject to the license in Section 5 above, all entries, Pins, Boards, submissions, information, materials and content, and any prize claims, become the property of Sponsor upon submission or delivery and will not be returned. Subject to the license in Section 5 above, upon submission, Sponsor will own all right, title and interest in and to entries, Boards, submissions, information, materials and content, and any Prize claims, in perpetuity and throughout the universe and in all media and forms of expression and communication now known or hereafter developed. Sponsor solely and these Rules constitute the full and exclusive agreement relating to the Promotion. In the event of any conflict between these Rules and any statement, document or communication relating to the Promotion, these Rules shall prevail.
PO Box 530
Pound Ridge, NY 10576
Soxfords, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Vanderhoof, LLC. or its affiliates or licensors.
© 2014 Vanderhoof, LLC. All rights reserved.